Monday, September 26, 2016

VIDEO Tutorial: Cookie Cutter Christmas Box Card with Shrinky Dink Earrings

As I expected, the wifi at camp this weekend was pretty spotty, so I spent my hours offline and enjoyed time stamping with my friends. I'll share some pictures of the retreat in my next post because I know some of you are anxiously awaiting this video.
If you saw my Halloween Box Card and earrings set, you're going to love this Christmas version! I gifted these to my upline Kim Peck and my friend Cathy Roy for everything they do at camp to make it extra special. They spoiled us with pillow gifts and prizes!

Here is the Christmas version of the box card and earrings that I made with the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set and Candy Cane Lane Designer Paper.
VIDEO Tutorial: Cookie Cutter Christmas Box Card with Earrings - Stampin' Up! 2016 Holiday Catalog www.juliedavison.com
Pin It!
VIDEO Tutorial: Cookie Cutter Christmas Box Card with Earrings - Stampin' Up! 2016 Holiday Catalog www.juliedavison.com
You'll need 12" x 12" cardstock for this project. Here are the measurements:
  • Box Wrap: 3" x 12" Real Red cardstock. Score at 3", 4", 7", 8", 11".
  • Drawer: 4-7/8" x 4-7/8" Real Red cardstock. Score at 1" from each side.
  • Insert for earrings: 2-3/4" x 4-3/8"
Watch my video tutorial to learn how to make this box and for tips on making the shrinky dink earrings: 


TIPS for making Shrinky Dink Earrings:
  1. Stamp the image with Jet Black Staz-On ink. Allow the ink to dry before handling the plastic so you don't smear it.
  2. Use permanent markers or colored pencils to color the image if desired.
  3. Punch the shrink plastic with your punch or use scissors to trim around the image.
  4. If you are making earrings or a charm, be sure to punch a hole (I used 1/8" Hole Punch) BEFORE you shrink it.
  5. Use a Paper Piercing Tool through the hole to keep the plastic from moving around in a heat-safe container (I used an old baking pan) and heat it with the Heat Tool until it shrinks completely. (It will look like it's going to fold into a ball -- keep going! It will lay flat again!) You can also use an oven for this step.

Stampin' Up! Supplies: Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set, Suite Season stamp set, Real Red marker & 12" x 12" cardstock, Basic Black ink, Whisper White cardstock, Candy Candy Lane Designer Paper, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Cookie Cutter Punch, Candy Cane Lane Baker's Twine, Heat Tool, Metal Rimmed Pearls, Stampin' Trimmer, Tear & Tape Adhesive, 1/16" Hole Punch, Paper Piercer
Other: Shrink Plastic, Jump Rings, fishhook earrings, jewelry pliers
Click HERE to  Order Stampin' Up! Products Online, Anytime!

http://juliedavison.com/shop
 NEW! 2016 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog

September Specials
     

6 comments:

Sandi said...

Thank you for sharing such a cute box. Awesome.

Unknown said...

Julie, I'm excited to make your gift box project! Thank you for the video and clear instructions. - Ellie Peckler

Cathi said...

This set is adorable! Can't wait to try!

Unknown said...

So cute! Can't wait to try these earrings! What did you use to color the Santa so that it wouldn't smudge? Thanks so much, Gillian

janetgallion@gmail.com said...

Your last two projects, Bendy card & these earrings with the box are absolutely the cutest ideas. Thanks for sharing your talent & ideas.I check your site each day & appreciate all the hard work you do. Janet

Eveline said...

This is so cute. I'm going to give this a try today. Thanks for sharing.