Friday, August 14, 2009

Pop Up Card Tutorial

This was one of my stamp club projects last month. I love the way it turned out with the new Butterfly punch and Thoroughly Modern Designer Paper and color combination!

I saw the pattern for this card in the July 2009 issue of Stampin' Success -- it's the monthly magazine that demonstrators get for free! It's always filled with patterns, new techniques, and fresh ideas -- not to mention great business tips. It's only available to demonstrators though. Click here for more information on how you can join my team for as little as $85 and get this magazine in YOUR mailbox each month.

Of course I won't make you sign up to be a demonstrator just to learn how to make this card! Click here for step-by-step instructions and measurements for making this project.

Supplies: Flight of the Butterfly, Full of Life, Rose Red ink & cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Bermuda Bay ink & cardstock, Sahara Sand ink, Thoroughly Modern DSP, Scallop Circle DSP, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Butterfly Punch, 1/4" Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals

7 comments:

Christyne said...

This is just adorable! I love that you made your own DSP for one of the panels. This is such a fun card...must try my hand at one soon!

Anonymous said...

This is such an unusual card but so very striking. Will have to make an attempt. Thanks for sharing the instructions.

Faye

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love that DP:)

Anonymous said...

I love that card. I can't visualize how it will work, so I've got to give it a try. love your ideas. Vivian L

Anonymous said...

I've wanting to do this too!

Janet Swofford said...

I love the butterfly card! Such a cute fold!
Janet

Unknown said...

Hello, my name is Damaris and I'm from Brazil. Love your blog and your tutorials are wonderful. I have a blog too, and am preparing a step by step card to cut with the Silhouette, based on your tutorial, and would like your permission to use your tutorial and your link to my blog. I greatly appreciate your attention.