Saturday, August 22, 2009

Makeover Reveal: Smiling Pumpkins

Earlier this week, I posted a card that I wasn't quite happy with and asked for your comments and suggestions to finish it off. Last night, I gave my card a makeover. I like it better now, but still can't decide which one I like best. Leave me a comment and vote for your favorite makeover.

Card A: I added a black layer behind the top note and added two black brads above the DSP. This card is the same as the original size: 3-1/2" x 5". I felt like the black brads looked like beady little eyes, so I tried something else...



Card B: I cut the Top Note in half the long way and layered it with Basic Black. Instead of brads, I added paper buttons (Buttons #5 Sizzlit). The card size is slightly different -- 3-1/2" x 5".

Card C: [The card looks grey, but it's still Perfect Plum.] This is the same as Card B, but I added a bow on the strip of ribbon. I can't decide if it makes the card too busy.

Let me know what you think! Leave a comment and vote for your favorite makeover: A, B, or C.

Supplies: Twick of Tweet, Whisper White cardstock, Jet Black Staz-On ink, Old Olive marker & cardstock, Pumpkin Pie marker & cardstock, Basic Black cardstock, Top Note Die for the Big Shot, 1/4" Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Cast-a-Spell DSP, Buttons #5 Sizzlit
Order Stampin' Up! Products Online, Anytime! Go to http://juliedavison.stampinup.net and click "Shop Now".

30 comments:

erin1805 said...

Julie,

My fav is C

Barb Moore

Anonymous said...

My favorite is C! Great card!

nannette13 said...

I like C the best - the ribbon just adds flavor, not busyness.

Karen said...

I like Card A best, I love the black behind it and the brads.

Amy said...

I like version A the best. I think the black frame around the image helps ground it and provides balance to the black in the hat and the black ribbon.

Char in So Cal said...

Card A is my FAVE... clean and simple!!

Char in So Cal

The Freeland Family said...

buttons and ribbon!!! C is the best

Lisa Wright said...

I vote for Card A

They are all really super cute though, even the original!

Kristi Crisman said...

I like Card B. Though I have to admit I'd probably put the bow on it. But I like it without.

Rene said...

My favorite is C also. Love the buttons!

for2nately said...

They are all great but my favorite is c. Love those buttons!

thanks for sharing!
Elizabeth

Patricia Drybala said...

I like B the best, though C is a close second. I think I'd like C best if the added ribbon was just a knot and not a bow ... Patricia

Jessica said...

C, TOTALLY

Tara Kieninger said...

A all the way! It's more your style anyway - simple but fabulous.

Anonymous said...

I vote for A

Janet Strain said...

Definitely Card A!

Michelle Ryan said...

I like B, but I don't think C looks too busy.

Faye said...

Nothing like taking it up a huge notch....gotta go with C. It's so cool!

Barb said...

I like the added buttons without the bow. I might have put some linnen thread in the buttons.. but I really like them all!

Caryl P said...

I like them all do I have to pick one? If forced I'd pick C just because I like bows!

Christyne said...

My fave is C too, Julie! Looks GREAT!

Libby said...

I like card C...don't think it's too busy.

Unknown said...

I vote for C. I like the added touch of the ribbon bow:)

Anonymous said...

I really like the colors and the buttons. My favorite is B.

Lauren said...

I like card B the best. The buttons add a perfect touch without overdoing it!

Jaime said...

My favorite card is A, even though they are all keepers!

S. Ferguson said...

Julie,
Card A but they're all really cute.
Susan

Nancy Brown said...

I think I like "B" the best, but they're all cute.

Shannon Murdock said...

I like A best if you tie the ribbon as you did in B and C =)

Anonymous said...

Hard to choose but I guess I'd pick B, without the bow it can be for male or female.
Ilene B.