Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Sorry for the quiet time yesterday and today...I meant to post last night, but then my husband asked to stamp with me and well...how could I say no to that?? Today is my birthday and he wanted to make me a card. I don't ask for much for my birthday. It used to be that I only asked for him to make me a cake (which he also did last night), but the last several years I've also asked for a hand-stamped card. And it figured out last year that he gets brownie points for stamping WITH me! (Check out last year's birthday card here.)

Here is the card that Jim made last night.


He was inspired by my last post, the cupcake card (he found it when he looked through my sample bucket). He liked the idea of a piece of DSP and then a circle embellishment. He asked questions (like where is Color Coach or how can I put glitter on it), but otherwise he did it all himself! He picked the colors to make it looks like strawberry cake with chocolate frosting. And he liked that piece of Storybook DSP because it looked like roses. He used the 1-3/4" Circle Punch to punch the cake and then glued it to the Ruby Red and hand-cut the border.

The finished card is 3-1/2" x 5-1/2".

Supplies: Fun & Fast Notes, Ruby Red marker & cardstock, Chocolate Chip marker & cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Summer Sun marker, Basic Black ink, Storybook DSP, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 1-3/4" Circle Punch

4 comments:

Janet Strain said...

Aw so cute! Yeah... you'll be the first one to get a hand-stamped "belated birthday" card from me using my new On Your Birthday set! I swear I didn't forget (it's in my phone calendar!) but I am just a ditz. Don't worry it'll be a good one. ;)

Terry Molineux said...

Julie you are so lucky.....my husband thinks he'll get the plague if he picks up a stamp. He admires me work, sometimes complains that that's all I do is SU SU SU, but for the most part he is supportive but I would die of a heart attack if he ever stamped me a card. BTW his cards are awesome, try and recruit him!! LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY btw!!!

Dawn O said...

Happy Birthday Julie! Love your blog!

Chris said...

I didn't know it was your birthday, so, Happy Belated Birthday!! Hope your day was as special as you are!!