Monday, May 11, 2009

Manhattan Floral Wedding Card

I had the pleasure of attending Terri and Norm's wedding on Saturday. Terri is a long time customer and friend of mine over in Springfield. The ceremony was so filled with love -- I even cried! And Terri looked stunning! Everyone I talked to at the wedding seemed to know me as the "Stamp Lady". It was an honor, of course. Especially because Terri hand-stamped the wedding invitations, and they were beautiful! I should have taken a photo of the invitation to post. Maybe I will later this week...

I wanted to make an extra special card for Terri and Norm, so this is what I came up with.

I used the new Manhattan Floral Impressions Plate and ran it through the Big Shot with a piece of Vellum Cardstock to get the dry embossed flowers for the front of this card. I highlighted some areas with the 2-way glue pen and added Dazzling Diamonds glitter. (Can you see it in the picture?) I trimmed around the top of the flowers and adhered the vellum with SNAIL down the left side and then covered it with the White Satin Ribbon from the Occasions Mini catalog.

This card was inspired by Patty Bennett, but CASEd from Dawn Olchefske.

Supplies: Sincere Salutations, Manhattan Floral Impressions Plate for the Big Shot, Vellum Cardstock, Baja Breeze ink & cardstock, 2-way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, White Satin Ribbon

4 comments:

Janet Strain said...

WOW! I love it! Hallmark can't beat that. Now I have to buy vellum! (And that flowers die... oi.)

Stacey Schafer said...

beautiful:)

Stacey Schafer said...

something posted on my blog for you:)

Weddings in Manchester said...

wow lovely cards & gifts very beautiful