Sunday, April 26, 2009

Soft Sky Revisited

I almost packaged up last year's In Colors to sell, but I just couldn't bring myself to sell them yet. And I'm glad I didn't because I wouldn't have been able to do Jaron Windor's very first Color Combination Creative Challenge! Jaron may not be working for Stampin' Up! anymore, but he is still keeping demonstrators and stampers inspired with his blog, Jaron's Junk Drawer. His first color combo is Old Olive, Soft Sky, and Taken with Teal. What a great combination! If you don't have Soft Sky, try Bashful Blue with these colors.

I inked the image in Taken with Teal and used the blender pen to remove the ink on the outermost tear drop shapes. I then colored those with an Old Olive marker and stamped the image. Then I used the blender pen with Soft Sky ink to color in different parts of the image.

The finished card size is 3-1/2" x 5" and will fit in the small notecard envelopes.

Supplies: True Friend, Garden Greeting, Soft Sky textured CS & ink pad, Taken with Teal ink, Old Olive marker, Blender Pen, Crafter's Tool Kit, Earth Elements Brads, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, retired DSP

4 comments:

Patrice Pierce said...

Beautiful card! TFS!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Julie, you did such an awesome job with this challenge! I love your layout. It is so simple and yet, looks so fantastic! TFS! =)

A Stamper's Journey said...

Very pretty card. I love the paper piercing!

Maureen
Happystampingmom

Simmy Ogg said...

I love your card ... awesome!

I never thought to use a blender pen to remove ink from a stamp so you can fill in using a marker! That is brilliant! Usually I use my finger and then I end up removing ink off parts that I didn't want to !!!