Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Quiet Time Card

What a difference an hour makes! During lunch, I was ready to pull my hair out. The baby hadn't slept a wink all morning and was screaming, my 3-1/2 year old wouldn't eat lunch, and I was trying to get my 5 year old out the door to catch the bus. Oh yeah, and I was still in my PJ's! But an hour later, the house was quiet, the girls were sleeping, I was dressed and STAMPING! I sat down with Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge #42 and came up with this card:

I'm not terribly fond of this greeting, but I don't have any others this size. Most of my greeting stamps are small. Guess it's time to get some new ones. (wink!)

Supplies: Best Wishes & More, All Holidays, Really Rust ink & cardstock, More Mustard ink & cardstock, Kiwi Kiss ink, Whisper White cardstock, Good Morning Sunshine DSP, 1/4" More Mustard grosgrain ribbon

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card! You made the colors look fabulous together!

Anonymous said...

Very clean, nice looking card. You made this look easy!

Tara Kieninger said...

Oh, I love that greeting and I love your card!

Kelly said...

What a nice card. Simple, clean, and yet very pretty. Wonderful job on Kristina's challenge!

HUGS!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

This card is beautiful and relaxes me. Kudos!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Perfect! Great use of colors so they don't look like "thanksgiving"!!!

Anonymous said...

awesome Julie one of my faves this week!

Two Happy Stampers said...

I love your "quiet time" card. It's very nice and peaceful looking. =)

-Adriel

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie! I stumbled upon your blog through Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration #42. Great take on her challenge. Your card could warm up any heart!

AMY FLEMING said...

Beautiful card!!!

Anonymous said...

Great take on the challenge. You make it look effortless!

Kari said...

Gorgeous card! Love the flowers!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Fabulous card!

Sue said...

love this card, simple yet very elegant!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Congratulations on making Kristina's top 20! LOVE your card! :)

Lisa Brown said...

Great card! Congrats on top twenty!

LeAnne said...

I just love these colors and I cannot believe, I have this set and have never put the flower & the leaf together....just haven't had a chance to do any "springy" things with it! You have inspired me!

Alina Brito said...

great job! I love it!