Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Heart Day Treat

Well, I am in Orlando and likely hearing exciting news at Leadership. However, I have to warn you that I'm not bringing my laptop and will not be blogging while on my trip. I'm scheduled several project posts to keep you inspired while I'm gone, but don't expect any juicy tidbits from Leadership until next week when I'm home.

Here's a blast from the past. I absolutely love this project from last Valentine's Day. Since I wasn't blogging last year this time, I just had to post and share it with you.

Supplies: Happy Heart Day stamp set; Real Red, Pretty in Pink, & Whisper White cardstock; Real Red & Basic Black Classic Ink; Going Gray, Ballet Blue, Pretty in Pink, and Real Red markers; Paper Crimper; Spiral Punch; Real Red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon; Medium Cello Bags Silver Brads; 1/16" Hole Punch

Measurements:

  • Base: 4 ¼” x 11” Real Red – score at 4 ½”, 5 ½”, 6 ½”
  • Topper: 4 ¾” x 2 ½” Pretty in Pink – score long way at 1 ½”
  • Focal Image: 2” x 2 ¼” Whisper White
  • Mat: 2 ½” x 2 ½” Pretty in Pink

Directions:

  1. Fold the topper in half and stamp greeting in Real Red classic ink. Crimp the cardstock.
  2. Stamp the mouse in Jet Black Staz-On. Watercolor the mouse using the Aquapainter and the markers smeared on the stamp case (to create a palette to pick up the ink) Use the fine tip of the marker directly on the cardstock to color the red.
  3. Hold a short piece of ribbon in half and staple to the back of the Pretty in Pink square. Punch the opposite side using the Spiral Punch. Adhere the white cardstock, covering the staple, to the Pretty in Pink cardstock using SNAIL adhesive.
  4. Fold the Real Red cardstock in a tall W. Fold the top of the candy-filled cello bag and staple to the top of the treat base. This will hold it in place while you put the topper on and attach with silver brads.

1 comment:

Stacey Schafer said...

I remember making a bunch of these last year, with your inspiration:) SO CUTE!