Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Butterfly Baby Wipe Card

I absolutely love the way this card turned out. I had hoped to include a photo tutorial of the baby wipe technique with this post, but I don't have time to write it up this week and I wanted to post this project while the stamp set (Flight of the Butterfly) is on sale. You can get it 20% off with a $20 purchase if you order by this Sunday. Here's the card:

Isn't that sharp?! If that's not enough to make you want this stamp set, check out these other Flight of the Butterfly samples previously posted on my blog:
Sketch Card ~ Celebrate Card ~ Happy Day Scrapbook Page ~ Accordion Fold Card ~ 8-1/2" x 8-1/2" Scrapbook Page ~ Thank U Card


Flight of the Butterfly, Item #111564, Reg: $31.95; SALE: $25.56
Order on my website: http://juliedavison.stampinup.net/ (Click "Shop Now").

I'll try to work on the photo tutorial for the baby wipe technique next week. Basically, you take a baby wipe and fold it into quarters. Add dots of several different color reinkers. To make the striped background (at the bottom of my card), wipe the baby wipe across the cardstock. For the tie-dye look, use the baby wipe as a "ink pad" for a bold stamp (the butterfly wings on my card).

Supplies: Flight of the Butterfly, Apricot Appeal reinker & cardstock, Regal Rose reinker & cardstock, Almost Amethyst reinker, Whisper White cardstock, Basic Black ink pad, 1/4" Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, Baby Wipe

No comments: