Thursday, July 3, 2008

You're a Hoot Card

I had a great meeting with my downline on Monday night in Springfield. We shared a lot of new stamping techniques and ideas as well as business tips as we talked about the transition to the new catalog. I always do two new technique cards for our technique ring and a make and take. With the new catalog only 6 weeks away, I just had to use the break out the Owl Together Now stamp set I got for free on the cruise. (This stamp set will be in the new catalog and available to order starting August 11.)

I'm not sure what to call this card -- I guess it's kind of a cut-out card. I started with a 4-1/4" x 7-7/8" piece of Close to Cocoa cardstock. I slipped it in my paper cutter and measured 5-1/2", then added just a "dot" in the center by pushing down lightly on the scoring blade.

I then used the Coluzzle to cut a half circle using the third biggest circle -- and lining the top of that circle up with the scored dot on the cardstock. (Doing so made the height of the card 5-1/2" so that it would fit in a regular medium envelope.)

After I cut the half circle, I folded the card down, creasing on the sides of the half circle so that the top of the cardstock was even with the bottom.

I cut a smaller circle from Whisper White cardstock using the coluzzle and stamped the largest circle from the Dots Are Hot stamp set using So Saffron ink. I was going for a full moon look. I stamped the branch and owl in black and colored it straight with markers: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Mellow Moss, and Pumpkin Pie. I added a strip of So Saffron Prints paper at the bottom and some Moss grosgrain ribbon to finish off the card.

1 comment:

sassystitcher said...

OWL! :)

I don't know about my co-host, but my card needs an owl at the party :)