Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wild Rose Bookmark Card

As promised, here is the bookmark card we made in Stamp Club this month. I used a lot of retiring products for this project, including the 2008 In Colors (River Rock, Blue Bayou, and Wild Wasabi), Wild Rose stamp set, Porcelain Prints designer series paper (now 25% off!), and Hodge Podge Hardware (now completely sold out!).

Front

Inside


I used the Cutter Kit perforating blade to cut the inside cardstock so that it can be torn off and used as a bookmark. The Cutter Kit is very handy and also comes with a cutting blade, scoring blade, and an edge distresser. You really need a hard edge to guide you as you are cutting/scoring/perforating in a straight line. I used the Acrylic Grid (which is retiring) and lined up the fold of my cardstock on a line of the cutting mat. I put the Acrylic Grid over my cardstock lining up the 2" mark at the bottom with the score in the middle of the cardstock. I held the Acrylic Grid down firmly with one hand and slowly ran the perforating blade against the edge of the grid. You really do need to move slowly (but with good pressure) because the blade may go haywire and off course if you try to hurry. (You only see one hand in the photo here because I had to hold the camera!!)

The roses are fabulous! I two-stepped with the Blue Bayou and just stamped off the first part of the flower and did the outline directly on top. "Stamping off" refers to stamping on your scrap paper before stamping on your cardstock to get a "second generation" or lighter color image. This is a great technique for 2-step stamping because you can use the same color ink pad instead of trying to find two coordinating colors.

Supplies: Wild Rose stamp set, It's Your Birthday stamp set, Porcelain Prints designer series paper, Blue Bayou ink & cardstock, River Rock cardstock, Wild Wasabi ink & cardstock, Very Vanilla cardstock, Pewter Hodge Podge Hardware, Blue Bayou double-stitched ribbon, 1-1/4 & 1-3/8" Circle Punches, Cutter Kit (perforating blade), Acrylic Grid, Cutting Mat, Crafters' Tool Kit

1 comment:

Megan said...

What a great idea! I love my cutter kit, but have never thought to have that part of the card become the bookmark! Awesome! I will definatly have to do this at a workshop or club! :) Thanks for sharing! :)