Monday, July 28, 2008

Strawberry Box

Another demonstrator first showed me this strawberry box a few months ago at a demonstrator meeting and I have been sharing it since -- in my downline meeting, stamp club, and most recently, Jessica's party on Friday. (Thanks again for hosting Jessica; I had a great time!)

I found the pattern online here. (There are lots of other fabulous templates on this website too!) I used the Ginger Blossom designer series paper for my strawberry -- isn't it perfect?

Cut the pattern out and use Dotto (removable) adhesive to stick the pattern to the designer series paper. Cut around the pattern and use a bone folder to score on the dotted lines. Adhere the tab to the inside of the first "petal". Use a 1/8" Hole Punch to punch a hole at the end of each petal; then thread a 12" piece of ribbon through the holes and pull it tight into a strawberry shape. (If you are going to put anything inside, do it now! I put a Hershey Kiss inside mine!)

Even though the pattern includes a piece for the leaves, I used the 5-Petal Flower Punch instead (to save myself some cutting!). Punch a hole in the middle of the "leaves" and thread both ribbons through the hole. Hold the ends together and tie in a knot to form the strawberry stem. Trim as necessary.

Supplies: Ginger Blossom paper, Mellow Moss cardstock & grosgrain ribbon, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Bone Folder, SNAIL adhesive, Dotto adhesive, paper snips

1 comment:

Brooke S said...

Oh my Gosh! these strawberries are so adorable.. I have to make these.. How cute with the tart and tangy set would these be..
Hugs
Brooke