Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sketch Challenge

I knew that starting this blog would motivate me to stamp and create more, but sometimes I need a little something to help me get going. Tonight, I turned to the Splitocaststampers.com Sketch Challenge. I love to copy layouts from samples in the catalog, but I like an empty sketch because it helps me come up with something using the materials I have. Often when I see a sample I like, my mind can't go outside the colors or the stamps they used.

For this sketch challenge, I sat down at my very messy desk, pulled out some things that were buried, and turned it into a card.

Supplies: Fundamental Phrases, Afternoon Tea DSP, Soft Sky ink& cardstock, Pretties Kit, Aquapainter, Chocolate Chip ink pad, Stampin' Dimensionals.

I colored the center flower with the aquapainter and the Soft Sky ink pad. By pushing down on the lid, I pooled just enough ink to pick up with the paintbrush and color the fabric flower. I made sure to let it dry before attaching to the card.

2 comments:

Cindy Malone said...

Keep the sketches coming, that really helps! Thanks for the inspiration.

Tess said...

I found your blog while visiting Kristina Werner's blog. I love your cards and scrapbook pages. I am still looking through your posts but so far loving what I see.