Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ric Rac with Scallop Edge Punch

Wow! I had quite a surge of new visitors on my blog yesterday, especially after Rachel's post over on Studio Calico (thanks, Rachel!). I am thrilled that you are so excited about the new Scallop Edge Punch! I made up this next card last night just for all the Studio Calico gals. Thanks for stopping by ladies; I hope you'll stick around for more!

Supplies: Heard from the Heart stamp set, Bella Rose Designer series paper, Riding Hood Red Classic ink & cardstock, Pink Pirouette cardstock, Scallop Edge Punch, Button Bouquet, white grosgrain ribbon, mini glue dots

This card is kind of quick and clean. I mostly wanted to show off how to make ric rac with the Scallop Edge Punch. I cut my cardstock down to a 1" strip and punched one side with the scallop edge. I turned it around and lined up the punch on the other side so that the scallops would fall opposite of the first ones.

Finally, I did a little faux sewing on the buttons. I couldn't find my white embroidery thread (must still be packed somewhere), so I cut the border off a piece of white grosgrain ribbon and thread it through the button holes. On the back side, I adhered the ends down with glue dots and then attached it to the card with the glue dots. Now it appears to be sewed on, but I didn't have to mess with a needle. (I think it was Linda Hansen who demonstrated that little trick at a Stampin' Up! regional seminar a couple years ago...)

17 comments:

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Fun. Love the rick rack.

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Your red ric rac really looks great on your cute card!! Thanks for sharing your technique with us!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, that's fantastic, genius!! Great card & thanks for sharing!

Rebecca said...

Fanstastic is right! Thanks for sharing!

Angie Tieman said...

This is sooo cute! Love the ric rac!! Thanks for sharing with us!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Ric Rac- might have to try this out on some convention swaps :-). Thanks so much for sharing! I'll link back should I create with this idea. Thanks for sharing!

Kristie O'Keeffe said...

How incredibly clever! You inspire me!

Terry Molineux said...

hcqmoaseWhat a great idea.....love your card so picnicky (if that's a word LOL)

Anonymous said...

fantastic!

Lisa H. said...

OMG! that what a great tip! I love getting my monies worth out of my punches!

Anonymous said...

WOW so very cute, thanks for sharing that tip. That punch is turning out to be much more than just a scallop edge!
Diane

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous!! My punch will arrive today, can't wait to use it, and give your ric rac a try too! Thanks for the great idea!

Fairle Beaman Carroll said...

Very clever idea! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love your card Julie.
You are so clever - making the rick rack with the scallop punch.

Nancy Riley said...

BRILLIANT use of the Scallop Edge Punch!!! Thank you for sharing!

Emily said...

Hi Julie! I am a member of Lovenstampfuls, but I saw a reference to your blog on stampin' discus and had to check it out.

I absolutely LOVE the ric rac.

Emily

Anonymous said...

Wonderful alternate use for the scallop punch, I will use it in my 1st workshop next month & maybe find time for a convention swap! Thanks so much for sharing.