Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Basket Box

Don't you just love those strawberries that I posted yesterday!? They are so summery and would make great favors for a picnic or summer soiree. Display them in a little basket for a cute centerpiece on your table.

To make this basket just the perfect size for the strawberries, I used a 6" x 6" piece of River Rock cardstock. I scored the cardstock at 2" and 4", turned it, and scored again at 2" and 4". Then, on opposite sides, I cut on the score lines up to the first perpendicular line. (See photo).


I folded up the sides so they met in the middle and attached a cardstock handle (1/2" x 8-1/2") with a gold brad.

2 comments:

Julie S. said...

Well this is just the sweetest thing! We have a strawberry festival on our island every year -- how cool would this be as a table favor ;^)*

Love that you shared this as a two part post, too. Those baskets are a ton of fun to make, and with the berries in it, well, priceless!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the EASY directions...I'll be making this today. :)