Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another Color Challenge

I had time for another one of KWerner's Color Inspiration Challenges. Here is her inspiration photo. The colors she picked are Certainly Celery, Soft Sky, Pumpkin Pie, and Very Vanilla.

The little flowers she used for the color swatches reminded me of the new Button Bouquet that's coming out in the new catalog next month. Demonstrators were able to pre-order a package with two of the ten designs. I used the button that is supposed to coordinate with the Baja Breeze, but I thought it was light enough to use with Soft Sky too. I also pulled in a felt flower from the Flower Fusion set to represent the felt booties in the inspiration image.

Supplies: Hugs & Wishes stamp set, Certainly Celery Prints paper, Spring Silhouettes paper, Pumpkin Pie ink & cardstock, Very Vanilla cardstock, Certainly Celery cardstock, Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Square Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Flowers Fusion (felt flowers), Button Bouquet

This card measures 5-1/2" x 3-1/2".

NOTE: Soft Sky is one of the 2008 In Colors, which are all retiring. I expect the In Color products to go quickly, especially after the retiring accessories list is posted on Monday. Two of the double-stitched ribbons (Blue Bayou and Purely Pomegranate) are already sold out! So don't wait to order -- get them now while you can! Email or call me to place an order. (See contact info at the top of my blog.)

11 comments:

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

Lovely card... well done!

sarahjane said...

I like the simplicity of it.

Jesse said...

Fantastic card.

Brooke S said...

What a great layout!!! I would love to copy it. Let me know if that's ok with you! I am gathering Ideas for convention this one is a great mass producer.

Brooke

Traveling Mama said...

Very cute card! My mom was just telling me about those buttons- fun to get a peek!

Anonymous said...

Nicely done looks like embroidery in the center!

Becky said...

Beautiful! What a great card!

Catherine said...

i love the simplicity of this card =)

Diane Barnes said...

Oohh, I LOVE this. Clean & simply great.

Mel H. said...

Wonderful card! Love it!

Shawntel said...

I love the patern paper on your card! Great Job!