Thursday, June 26, 2008

Jim's Birthday Cards

Today is my husband's birthday. Happy Birthday, Jim! Since I always show him what I'm working on for classes and workshops, I felt like I needed to make something new for his birthday card. I'm not entirely happy with the outcome, but here it is:

I used the new "Owl Together Now" stamp set that I got on the cruise. It's so cute! I love all the punny sayings that go with the owls. This card took a bit of a different direction after I got started, so I ended up trimming it down to 4-1/4" x 4 1/4".

Supplies: Owl Together Now stamp set, Celery Prints paper, Jet Black Staz-On Ink Pad, Close to Cocoa marker & cardstock, Creamy Caramel marker & cardstock, Pumpkin Pie marker, So Saffron cardstock (embossed with Versamark & Iridescent Ice embossing powder), Apricot grosgrain ribbon, Pewter Hodge Podge Hardware

Mine wasn't the only hand-stamped card that Jim received today. Here's the one from my mom:

I love how she layered the star punches!

Supplies: Flannel Plaid background, Sincere Salutations, Sahara Sand ink & cardstock, Not Quite Navy ink & cardstock & brads, Bravo Burgundy cardstock

And another from my grandmother:

This one was actually hand-stamped by ME! My grandmother, "Nonie" as we call her, makes cards from my mom's old card front samples. I made this card three years ago, so I was happy to see it again; it's always been one of my favorites. The Summer Sketches stamp set is still current and is fabulous for watercoloring! I painted the boy's hair red because the image reminds me of Thomas. I just love the beachy colors (Creamy Caramel & Bordering Blue) and feel of this card. The linen Magic Mesh was the perfect nautical embellishment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet...it does look like Thomas:)